Terms & Conditions
Notes to Parents/Guardians:
Regulations for School Bus Service End User
The billing period consists of 10.5-months per school year and the payment is charged on a semester basis (4-installments per year). Any late payments mean that the bus user will be deferred to the waiting list until further notice (unless spaces are immediately available). Parents will receive a 5% discount if a Full year school bus has been paid with one-off payment.
Once an application has been confirmed, a detailed schedule with associated fees will be sent to parents via email. Bus payment has to be paid in full and advance on/before the date set by our company. Any delay in payment may result in the suspension of the school bus service until fees are settled. If there are any changes to your information during the semester, please email Synergy directly.
Payment by cash, cheque, bank transfer and/ or FPS will be accepted. Cheque payments can be mailed to the address below or deposited by hand to our bus coordinator at the bus office during school-day time. Cheques should be payable to: Synergy Travel Service Limited; please write down the School name & Students full name on the reverse of the cheque. Payment details will be emailed to parents following application.
4. Students who will withdraw from GSIS, Synergy accepts a cancellation with an advance of ONE full calendar months’ notice by the parent. Students who are not going to withdraw from GSIS, but will cancel the school bus services, Synergy accepts a cancellation with an advance TWO full calendar months’ notice by the parent. Rejoin the school bus is available if parent have repaid all outstanding payments.
5. No refund will be made if students/parents chose not to take the bus at any enrolled trip on any day or the day with Red/Black Rainstorm or Typhoon 3 (kindergarten only) or 8 hoisted and no school for students according to school policy or HKSAR EDB Announcement on school closure.
6. In the event of force majeure closing of the school, or other adverse circumstances that the school could not reasonably be expected to predict or control, partial fees as reviewed by the school will be credited to the next installment. Any credit held at the end of the academic year will be refunded.
7. If classes are suspended,
a) Before school semester starts:
If by order of Education Bureau, suspension of face-to-face classes is announced 7 days or more before the start of school semester, 100% paid bus fee shall be credited to the month that school resumes.
The school semester starts on 23 August 2022, and Education Bureau announces suspension of face-to-face class on 16 August 2022 or before, paid school bus fees will be 100% credited to the month the school resumes. If the school resumes on 10 October 2022, service will start on 10 October 2022 and 1.5 month of school bus fee will be deducted accordingly.
b) After school semester started:
If Education Bureau announces suspension later than 23 August 2022, 7 days of school bus fees will be deducted, and the rest will be credited to the month that school resumes. As credit scheme is credited to the next bill, if suspension of class is more than 14 days in the last instalment period, refund will be calculated on pro-rata basis, with a cap of 50% of monthly fees. The refund will be arranged by the end of the academic year and credit to 4th payment.
For example, if the class is suspended from 3 March 2023 to 10 April 2023
3 March - 31 March
Monthly School bus fee/30*15
(max. 15 days will be refunded)
1 April - 10 April
Monthly School bus fee/30*10
Monthly School Bus Fee = Year cost / 10.5months
If classes are suspended in the middle of semester for less than 14 days, no credit or refund applicable.
8. Our company aims to provide the best possible pick up/drop off points to suit the needs of every parent/guardian. However, actual pick up/drop off points will be arranged depending on the actual circumstances and may differ from the preferred stop on your application. The applicants’ right NOT to continue the service under this situation is expressly reserved.
9. The bus escorts are required to assist the students in boarding the buses, maintaining the regulation and ensuring safety. Students must follow the instruction of the bus driver and bus escort. The bus escort will report disciplinary matters to our bus coordinator immediately if any arise. Also we will inform the school if any issues turn into problems.
10. According to “Guidelines for Ensuring Safety of Pupils on Student Service Vehicles – For Parents/Guardians to Observe” (Education Department, https://www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/en/student-parents/safety/sch-bus-services/Guidelines_Parents_EN.pdf), Parents/Guardians should teach their children to behave well when travelling on the vehicles, e.g.
○ they must remain seated unless boarding or alighting.
○ they must not talk to the drivers or shout.
○ they must refrain from eating, drinking or playing.
○ they must not put their heads, hands or any part of bodies out of the windows of the vehicle.
○ they must not board or alight from the vehicle until the vehicle has come to a standstill; and
○ they must not play when an emergency exists.
11. School Bus terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the schools FAQ on the Parent Portal. Particular items to note:
○ Parents/guardians must be at the pickup and drop-off point in time for bus arrival (at least 5 minutes before schedule time) to avoid delaying the bus. If students fail to show up on time, the bus will leave without further notice. We appreciated if you could give an advance notice to the bus coordinator by email or apps message once the students confirmed not taking bus in the morning or riding at dismissal. All possible actions should be taken to avoid unnecessary waiting time for the bus.
○ For alternative drop-offs for play dates (Peak Campus only), parents should follow the procedure as listed in the Bus Section of the Family Guidelines. Please note that all “Change of Home-return Arrangements” are dependent on seat availability and must be confirmed by the Bus Company prior to proceeding. For alternative drop-off for playdates and non-bus riders the pick-up person must sign for collecting the student.
○ Our company will enforce the discipline rules set by the school. Should children violate any of these rules, the matter shall be referred to the school for further handling. Students who misbehave consistently and as agreed by the school may be refused access to our bus service. In this situation our company will not refund the bus fare.
○ To ensure the safety of the children’s students of kindergarten and primary school are not allowed to return home on their own (i.e.: without an accompanying adult or older sibling) from stops except those with a written consent and school approval. Our company will not be held responsible for any consequences that arise due to risk of children returning home on their own.
○ Two individual pick-up cards will be issued and mailed to the application address submitted online. Pick up person must produce this card on collection of students. Any replacement of bus card will be incurred HK$50/per card. This paragraph applies to Pok Fu Lam students only.
○ For return-home drop-offs, if the parent/guardian are not present at the drop-off point, the bus will wait for a short moment and Bus escort will then try to call the parent. If the child cannot be collected within two minutes, the bus company will:
i. Direct the bus to continue the journey and drop the child off at the end of the bus run.
ii. If unable to contact parents for an alternative arrangement the child will be taken back to the school.
12. All students should take care of their own belongings when using the school bus. The bus driver and escort are not liable for loss or damage of student’s belongings. The bus escort will not be responsible for carrying any bag, luggage or suitcase for students.
13. Synergy Travel Service Limited will ensure that all personal data submitted are handled in strict adherence to the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PD(P)O).
14. Synergy Travel Service Limited operates CCTV on their buses. All data recorded can only be viewed by authorized staff of Synergy Travel Service Limited and may be provided to the police or related parties for investigation of criminal incidents only.
15. We will constantly update our website for latest information. www.hksynergytravel.com
16. Please add our WhatsApp hotline to your phone book for broadcast notice.
Peak campus: 2333 3052
PFL campus: 2333 3055
School Bus Service team for GSIS:
- (Peak Campus): firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Pok Fu Lam Campus): email@example.com
Direct hotline (Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm)
- Peak campus: 2333 3052 (http://wa.me/85223333052)
- PFL campus: 2333 3055 (http://wa.me/85223333055)